We have just released Banshee 1.0 Beta 1, aka 0.99.1! This release adds some major features and lots of polish.
- View the release notes
- Banshee 1.0 Beta 1 Source (bz2)
- openSUSE 10.3 users can
- Foresight 2.0 users: Use PackageKit or Conary to install banshee-1
- Fullscreen video playback (go to Now Playing and press f or hit the Fullscreen button)
- Extensions can be enabled and disabled in the new Mange Extensions tab within your Preferences.
- Banshee can be scripted using Boo
- Improved gstreamer error handling (for missing files, codecs, etc)
- A bug with play counts, introduced in Alpha 3, has been fixed
- Writing metadata to file was not working in the Alphas, is fixed
- Issues with the play queue should all be resolved
- Limiting smart playlists by file size or duration works
- Shuffle and repeat are automatically disabled while playing Last.fm
Default Smart PlaylistsThis release also features default smart playlists, created for new users and users with zero smart playlists. There is a more extensive list of predefined smart playlists, including the defaults, available in the New Smart Playlist dialog. Thanks to Aaron Bockover, Alexander Hixon, Bertrand Lorentz, Christopher Rogers, Scott Peterson, Sebastian Dröge, and Wouter Bolsterlee for code contributions for this release, and to Daniel Nylander (sv), Gabor Kelemen (hu), Jordi Mas (ca), and Wouter Bolsterlee (nl) for updated translations! And to Jorge Castro for testing and release notes help, and Michael Monreal and Andrew Conkling for testing and bugzilla work! You can follow the posts of Banshee contributors on Planet Banshee. We are a friendly, vibrant community and always glad to have people join us! If you have been wanting to contribute back to free software and GNOME, I think you'll find Banshee's code and C# a pleasure to work in, and a healthy amount of support and encouragement from a very active community. Join us on our mailing list, in our IRC chatroom, and on our wiki! Digg It!