Gapless Playback / Playbin2
Banshee now uses the playbin2 GStreamer element. With this comes support for gapless playback, which is the default now for users with GStreamer > 0.10.25.2.
We are debuting a new grid mode for our custom list widget, visible in the modified Album browser. It will be used for Videos, Audiobooks, and more in future releases.
This extension shows YouTube videos in the Context Pane related to what you're playing, and lets you watch them within Banshee. You can enable it in the Extensions tab of the Preferences dialog.
Banshee Community Extensions Update
We also released Banshee Community Extensions 1.5.5, including five new extensions: CoverWallpaper, LiveRadio, Magnatune, Telepathy, and Ubuntu One Music Store (not ready for users yet).
The Mirage shuffle/fill by-similar mode has been greatly improved. It's smarter, now looking for tracks similar to the last several you've played, and dissimilar from ones you've skipped.
Enhancements and Fixes
- Improve search responsiveness on large libraries
- Add icons for Nexus One and Audiobooks
- Play Queue item count, size, duration now ignores old tracks
- Muinshee fixes: disable Auto-DJ, allow reordering, hide previous song
- Fix a very common, SQL-related crash in 1.5.4
- Fix saving equalizer settings in culture-invariant way
- Jumping to a source's prefs via its context menu works again
- Usage data not submitted more than every 48 hours
- Fix repeatedly resyncing some files to a device b/c transcoded
- Clear the redo stack on shuffle mode change
- Accept feeds with empty title
- Uri encode file location queries, making them work properly
- Fixes to the OS X build
We are now string frozen in preparation for our 1.6 release on March 31st - so translators, full steam ahead! We might do a RC 2 in a couple weeks for additional testing and fixes. File bugs for any issues you find, and help us make Banshee 1.6 the best release ever!