- Banshee Web Content Make it easy to browse, search, view, and subscribe to content from one or more of archive.org, miroguide.com, spokenword.org, npr.org
- Telepathic Banshee Let users share files and information (recommendations/ratings, current playing info, BPM analysis) with other users on their IM buddy list(s) via the Telepathy communications library and, likely, its Tubes data-transport mechanism. There is already a submitted proposal for this project.
- Recommendations-based Play Queue Modify the Play Queue to have an option to automatically add songs recommended by Last.fm, Mirage, etc.
- Banshee UPnP Add a UPnP extension to Banshee. More info.
- Banshee in Context Show contextually relevant concert info, flickr photos, wikipedia info, etc.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Hack Banshee all Summer for Fun and Profit
As I mentioned the other day, now is a great time to get involved with Banshee, and the deal is even sweeter if you want to work on it full-time this summer and get paid $4,500 through Google's Summer of Code. We have four developers (Bertrand, Eoin, Scott, and myself) willing to mentor, and we have some rocking project ideas we'd love you to tackle:
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Lyrics too, please ;) .ReplyDelete
what is the mentoring organisation (Gnome, Mono, Gstreamer)?
As I mentioned, GNOME is probably best. Though Mono would probably work too - it's always a juggling act.ReplyDelete
integrate radio with shoutcast would be greatReplyDelete
For anyone who is looking to extend "Banshee in Context," I've got code coming soon that could be useful for identifying YouTube videos for a playing song. See BGO #576666 (http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=576666)ReplyDelete
¿multi-database backend? ¿why not?ReplyDelete