We are thrilled to announce the release of Banshee 2.0! It's the culmination of six months' work by 36 developers and dozens of translators, documenters, bug reporters, and testers. It is a stable release, the successor to Banshee 1.8.
- Artist/Album Browser Track Actions
- Play After Queue Options
- Sleeker UI, Less Wasted Space
- Video Subtitle Support
- Lots of new devices supported
- Amazon Cloud Player download support
- Hundreds (277, to be exact) of bugs fixed, and dozens more minor enhancements!
View the release notes for much more information, or head straight to the download page.
The Banshee community has come a long way in the last six months.
- We now support Windows in addition to Linux and OS X. Our Windows installer has been downloaded by 12,729 unique IPs.
- We are donating $1,200 USD per month to the GNOME Foundation — that's over $15,000 annually, or 5% of GNOME's 2009 budget.
- And Ubuntu decided to make us their default music player, joining the ranks of openSUSE and Foresight Linux.
Congratulations and many thanks to everybody who made all this possible! If you want to learn more about Banshee, how you can contribute, get in touch, get help, etc, head over to our website.
Will there be a bundle that does not require installation (as demoed a few weeks ago)? That would really be awesome!ReplyDelete
Anyway, this looks great as always!
I've linked Banshee 2.0 on OBS to GNOME:Ayatana, so everyone installing that repository will have Banshee 2.0 as the default player. Also pushed in the two extensions (soundmenu and appindicator).ReplyDelete
Great job everyone, Banshee 2.0 rocks!
Gimmie a working build for OS X or at least some bug report I can't find :>ReplyDelete
When will the Lucid build be up in Launchpad? It's been almost a week!ReplyDelete
Johoo! Lucid builds for Banshee 2 came out just today. Works nicely so far.ReplyDelete
Thanks for all the great work and congrats for the release!
I'm on Lucid and I'm finally using it... GRRRREAT WORK!! Thank you!!ReplyDelete